Sorry about the detour! FacetJewelry.com is the new website for readers of Bead&Button, Art Jewelry, and Bead Style magazines. We're working on adding more great jewelry-making projects and inspiration to Facet, but in the meantime here's a guide to our five jewelry-making categories:
- Stitching. This category includes projects that use right-angle weave, peyote, herringbone, and other classic stitches. Loomwork and bead embroidery are included in this category.
- Stringing. Projects here involve stringing beads, charms, crystals and other objects onto flexible beading wire or cord. This is also where you’ll find projects that assemble ready-made components into creative designs.
- Metal & Wire. “Cold connection” techniques include wrapping, weaving, and chain mail. “Hot connection” projects require a torch.
- Clays & Resins. This category includes jewelry made with polymer clay, metal clay (usually silver or copper), and resin.
- Fiber & Cord. Fiber, cord, or a combination of both are essential elements of these jewelry projects. This category includes kumihimo, macramé, bead knitting and bead crochet, as well as projects that use fiber as a distinctive design element.
If you need assistance with our website, please visit our contact us page.