To make this variation, you’ll substitute 4 mm jump rings for the one-color version’s 3 mm jump rings throughout.
1. Repeat step 1 of the one-color version.
2. Close seven color A jump rings. Open the remaining 4 mm jump rings. Use a color B jump ring (shown in silver in the photo in step 3) to attach the chain to an A ring (shown in green in the photo in step 3).
3. To the A ring just added, attach a B ring, an A ring, a B ring, and two closed 2.5 mm rings; this is the first section. To make the center and third sections, attach rings in the following order: B, A, B, A, B, A, B, plus a pair of closed 2.5 mm rings for the center section; and B, A, B, A, B for the third section, attaching the chain with the final B.
4. Repeat steps 5–7 of the one-color version, using color C jump rings.
5. Repeat steps 8–10 of the one-color version, using color D jump rings to complete the necklace.